FlexNet Manager vs. TeamEDA's LAMUM
Compare what you get with License Asset Manager (LAMUM) that you don't get with FlexNet Manager:
- Check-out/check-in reports based on “selected features” (features that are relevant to the. Product, and can be used to make Product decisions. Reduces data clutter 50%). See Exhibit A in Whitepaper PDF
- Reporting by user-friendly “Tag” name, which otherwise would be daemon or port@host, which can be confusing/cryptic. Exhibit B
- Concurrency reports (% of checkouts at each concurrency level). Exhibit C
- User specific usage reports. Exhibit D
- Group specific usage reports. Exhibit E
- 24x7 Heatmap report (weekly usage patterns) Exhibit F
- URL generated reports for casual users (“Favorite” portals with no log-in))
- Each graph is a picture (.jpg) which can be copied, saved, pasted into email,…
- Every table can be exported into Excel.
- Long-checkout Alert and Warning Letter Exhibit G
- License key expiration and contract renewal alerts
- Asset/Inventory management Exhibit H
- Contact management
- Compliance assurance
- A less expensive and more comprehensive solution
FlexNet Manager's Advantages
- Decent for tracking served, floating FLEXlm license “features”
- Decent for FLEX daemon and license file administration
FlexNet Manager's Disadvantages
- Hard to set up and use
- Expensive.“The new pricing that Flexera has provided has forced us to look seek out other license monitors and reporting tools that provide a much better ROI."
- Limited alert capabilities “... it can’t report its own node-locked licenses."
- Poor development efforts: “Ask for an enhancement and you’ll probably retire before you see it in the software. It’s a waste of time to even ask,"
- Difficult to create reports. “They throw COGNOS at you and claim it is easier. It is only worse!”
- Report generation is very slow. “We gave up on interactive Reports and now only use a few Batch Reports. Not getting money’s worth”
- Poor support track record. “Support personnel seem untrained and incompetent.”
- Inaccurate reports. “FLexNet Manager is simply wrong when reading and reporting on my Autodesk license file”.
LAMUM's License Asset Manager Advantages
- Complete Vendor, Product and License information including:
- Vendors, including contracts and contacts
- Products, cost, tool discipline information
- PO, deal notes, and cost tracking (if desired)
- License key, contract renewal “alerts”
- Track shared or concurrent-use Licenses
- Product—Feature mapping
- License Server and daemon information including status (up/down) and support personnel
- License Inventory, PO History, and Renewal Budget reports
LAMUM's Usage Monitoring Advantages
- Easy to use, easy to interpret reports with colorful 3D graphics
- Current checkout status, with URL link that can be saved as a Favorite
- Historical usage by Tag, Feature, User, or Group
- Concurrency reports
- Reports on node-locked/standalone licenses
- Long checkout and Capacity threshold Alerts
- Active Directory interface
- Save reports/views as “Favorite” in browser
- Inexpensive, relative to FNM (half the cost?)
- Easy to use and FAST!
- Installation and set-up in less than One Hour!
- When you want an enhancement or new functionality in the software, you will speak to the engineer that can make that change for you.
Call for more information 603-656-5200
Find out why these prominent TeamEDA customers save 15-20% year after year by using LAMUM for FlexLM License Manager usage monitoring, tracking and reporting.